Thursday 19 December 2013

13. Draft For Contents Page



                                                                           


The first shot of the contents page was in progress. I liked the use of the masthead to create a heading for the contents page. I also liked the text used for the numbering and detail to briefly describe what was on each page. At that stage, there were no images and the page numbering wasn't complete. The second shot is of the contents page currently. I made the articles that were mentioned on the front cover more obvious by making the numbers yellow and slightly bigger. I added two images to fill the gaps and I lined up the text boxes so that there were two columns that were in line, rather than fitted around the picture. In the first shot, I was going to create headings to put the pages under, although I couldn't categorise the pages. The cover story is now easy to find as there is a bold 'COVER STORY' next to the page the cover story is on. I took a screen shot of the front cover for the image in the top left. The other image is of a guitar, which fits in well with 'The Ultimate Guitar Issue'. To improve this, I could have cut around the guitar (making the background transparent). This would give me more room for text, or I could make the image bigger. Another thing I could do to improve is add a washed out image for the background. I kept the background colour the same as the front cover for consistency, although an image could look better, if I could get the right thing. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment