Tuesday 29 October 2013

8. Final Cover for Student Weekly

 I think I was fairly successful with this cover. I included many of the conventions of a magazine, such as the plugs and puffs, the barcode, the coverlines in the left third, the issue number and date. 
The image used was a good choice, although I could have taken it outside where it was brighter, rather than inside with the flash. 
I think that the barcode is a little too big, so next time, I would make it smaller, and perhaps add another coverline to fill in the empty gap. 
The coverlines are appropriate and are related to college life, and student interests. They would hopefully attract students to read further, as there are plenty of free giveaways and things to win. 
The main coverline is pretty eye-catching, but it could be a little bolder. I could have used a different text to make it stand out more. 
To make the whole cover more interesting, I could have added some more images or photos to go with the coverlines. 
I think that the colours I have used are appropriate as there are not too many (this would make it look random and untidy). The colours I have chosen are going to be the standard theme colours throughout the issue. 
The layout of the whole cover is quite good as the coverlines don't overlap the image, and they are not too close together. There are a few gaps, but this gives the cover a sense of organisation as it isn't busy and crammed in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment