Monday 21 October 2013

7. Proposal For College Magazine


My college magazine is going to be aimed at teenagers, roughly aged 16+, who go to college. The magazine will contain local college news, tips, issues, events and relevant information about what’s going on in and around college. I have a few ideas for coverlines, these include:
·      - Win! An iPod touch and a £15 iTunes voucher
·      - Your views on your courses
·      - Free cafĂ© vouchers inside
·      - New, upcoming events near you
·      - Cheap, local places to shop
·      - Start planning for the year ahead! Find an academic calendar on Page 6
·       
I have decided on the title ‘Student Weekly’. I chose this title as it is simple and quickly explains who the magazine is aimed at and what it will mainly be about. I rejected these titles:
·      - College Weekly
·      - College Life
·      - Off To College
I rejected these as, even though they are appropriate, I though that they weren’t as straightforward. I wanted it to be simple and get the idea across quickly. I thought that ‘Student Weekly’ was the most appropriate masthead. I think I will use big, bold fonts (sans serif) for the masthead and main coverlines. I will use thinner, smaller (serif) text for the less important coverlines and the issue information. I have decided that the magazine will be printed in September/October, when students have started college and have begun to settle in. I will use autumn colours, such as red, orange and yellows to reflect the time of year it is published in.

The image on the front cover will be of a student, with their bag (ready to go to college, perhaps). They should have a happy facial expression and be stood up straight, enthusiastic to go to college. It should be taken inside, during the day, giving the idea that the student is about to leave for college. It will be published weekly (hence the name of the magazine).

The colours on the contents page would relate to the colours on the front cover. They would be similar to the masthead colours. The images on the contents page would be related to the topics and articles inside. They wouldn’t be too bright and bold, otherwise it would distract you from the text, so they would have to be subtle and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment